About the E-Commerce Program
Registration for the 2022-23 E-Commerce Program is now open!
Space is limited to the first 12 eligible* businesses so do not wait! Register now to start building your website.
Simply click here to apply today.
The E-Commerce program is designed to help women entrepreneurs build or expand their businesses by selling their products or services online.
WHY? Studies show last year (2021) 43% of consumers shop more often online for products they would have previously bought in stores. If you don’t have your store setup for online buying, you are missing out on opportunities for greater sales. Now is the time!
How will you benefit
You will work with a professional web developer who will help you create a well-designed and uniquely branded site that functions smoothly for the end user and helps build your business’ revenues. At the completion of the program, you will have launched your website (or refreshed and updated website) with your newly developed online store.
How it works
This is a “soup-to-nuts” E-commerce program! We’re not just talking about it in class; we’re doing it. This program will not only ensure you have a professional looking website and great-functioning E-commerce platform. We’ll make sure you are set up to actually sell on your new site. And if you need a little extra attention, no problem. We have built-in office hours in between each class so you can book time with your course facilitator/mentor to help you stay on track with your progress.
What you will do
You will cover the E-commerce process from beginning to end including but not limited to:
- Create your site’s themes to match your business brand
- Taking professional photos for your site
- Product variations and inventory forecasting
- Ways to attract and convert customers
- E-commerce shipping, delivery, payment and tax mechanisms
- Inventory, fulfillment and accounting
- Best online customer service practices
- Driving traffic to your site
- Customer engagement
Interested in applying for our E-Commerce Program?
* Make sure you are eligible! To be successful in this program, you:
- Do not need website development experience! However, you must be ready and willing to work on making this site come to frutition.
- Must have a legally formed and registered business.
- Should have packaged products or services ready to sell.
- May have already started to build a website on your own.
- May already be selling on Etsy but are ready to move to your own website.
- Have finalized or are in the process of finalizing branding elements including logo, font, and color palette so we can build your site to match.
Simply fill out this online application for the 2022-23 course and you will be contacted for an interview.
E-Commerce: For businesswomen throughout WNY who are ready to create and utilize a professional website with e-commerce functionality.
Dates: 9/28/22, 10/12/22, 10/26/22, 11/9/22, 11/30/22, 12/14/22, 12/21/22, 1/11/23, 1/25/23, 2/8/23, 2/22/23, 3/8/23, 4/12/23, 5/10/23, 6/7/23
Time: 11:45 a.m. – 1:15 p.m.
2022-23 cost: $500