About the program
Access to capital is crucial for the growth of all businesses and small businesses continue to report facing challenges obtaining credit and capital. The Finance Boot Camp will provide you with the tools to prepare you to pursue the financing of your choice.
What should you know about this series?
- Seating is limited, program will only be available to 12 entrepreneurs
- Must be a small business who has been operating for two years or more
- Must have completed a business plan
- Your business must be in pursuit of financing within the next two years
- You must participate in all 6 training sessions to participate in the Lending Matchmaker
This series will provide you with information on strategic planning for your business, understanding the credit rating process, understanding financial statements, effective negotiation strategies and preparing a loan proposal. The last session will include a lender matchmaker providing participants with the opportunity to meet with area lenders and pitch your financing proposal. The 7-week series will run Thursday afternoons from 12:30 – 4:00pm, at the Women’s Business Center, Canisius College Science Hall Room SH 063, 1901 Main Street, Buffalo, NY 14208.
PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED.
- Week 1, Let’s Get Strategic: Understanding your Competitive Advantage and Writing SMART Goals
- Week 2, What is your Number: The credit rating process and ways to increase your rating
- Week 3, Understanding Financial Statements: Using common financial indicators
- Week 4, Understanding Financial Statements: Part II – Cash Flow Projections
- Week 5, The Art of Negotiation: Learn Effective Negotiation Strategies
- Week 6, Sources of Capital & Loan Proposal Prep: Understanding the 5 “C”s of Credit
- Week 7, Lender Matchmaker: Present Your Financing Proposal to Lenders!
If you have any questions, please call Gregory Lindberg from the SBA at 716.551.5670.
- September 27 @ 12:30 pm - 4:00 pm
- October 4 @ 12:30 pm - 4:00 pm
- October 11 @ 12:30 pm - 4:00 pm
- October 18 @ 12:30 pm - 4:00 pm
- October 25 @ 12:30 pm - 4:00 pm