About the program
The Advisory Groups are year-long, confidential, and peer-to-peer meetings. The Monthly sessions are facilitated by our group mentors that have skills-sets specifically needed for the development of your business during your current phase of growth.
Being a part of your special cohort group will allow you the opportunity to share issues and concerns—and obtain real world ideas and solutions. Each Advisory Group is comprised of women whose businesses do not compete but are similar in size, revenues, number of employees, and other key characteristics.
Who can participate
The Advisory Groups specifically serve entrepreneurs and partners who own or have an equity position in an business or practice.
How will you benefit
Each group will be large enough to assure diversity of background and experience, and small enough to promote meaningful interaction. You learn best practices and form a network of referrals and resources. You gain insight, support and confidence from women who know exactly what you’re going through. Most importantly, you take the time to focus on strengthening and growing your business.
This model has proven its value over and over again in markets across the country
How it works
Meetings take place monthly. Based on the needs of your Advisory Group, roundtable discussions may be supplemented with expert guest speakers. Your Advisory Group trainer is specially trained to elicit the most creative thinking and strategic problem solving. Confidentiality agreements are maintained.
What you will talk about
Your group will identify its own critical issues, needs and goals to develop a specific annual work plan to address them. Topics could range from sales, marketing, public relations, finance and information technology to more complicated matters such as strategic planning, organizational development, delegating and chain of command, human resources, ethics and international trade.
The Advisory Groups are divided into four categories based on specific stages of business development.
Launch (10 months)
Launch Advisory Group is for those women business owners within their first year of business and launching ideas phase.
Recurring: Second Tuesday of every month
Cost: $125 personal investment; $500 scholarship kindly provided by First Niagara Foundation
Grow (1 year)
The Grow Advisory Group is for entrepreneurs who are up and running, to focus on growth strategies to continue on your business success track.
Recurring: Second Tuesday of every month
Cost: $375 personal investment; $375 scholarship kindly provided by First Niagara Scholarship
The Elevate Advisory Group is for business owners who have worked through the challenges of the early years; typically have employees and HR demands.
Recurring: Third Tuesday of every month
Master (1 year)
The Master Advisory Group are for established businesses; typically at a later stage in the business cycle and have employees and HR demands.
Recurring: Fourth Tuesday of every month
Advisory Groups are considered “WBC Members”, and as members, you will receive added benefits beyond the programming you sign up for, including:
- Being a part of the WBC community—filled with inspiring and motivated women business owners
- Your business and contact information listed, with a searchable function, and mapped on our WBC website
- For all registrations completed by September 22, 2016—Your business and contact information included in the printed version of the WBC directory
- Opportunity to be paired with another member as an accountability partner
- Opportunity to write a post in the WBC blog showcased on the home page of the WBC website (credited to you with a link to your website)
- Opportunity to have your business successes, employment needs and events posted on the WBC social media sites
- 1 Free Members Only Kick-Off event
- 1 Free On Point Business Match (formerly known as Target Speed Networking)
- Discounted fee to our annual conference
- Discounted fee to a 1 hour one-on-one consultation
- All Launch members are welcome to attend the E Network “Empowering You” monthly meetings at no additional cost
- All Grow members may join the E Network at no additional cost; please call Lynn Rybak, our Business Development Specialist, at 861-8565 to make sure you are placed in the proper E Network group
- All Elevate and Master members may join the E Network at a half-off fee of $150. Please call Lynn Rybak, our Business Development Specialist, at 861-8565 to make sure you are placed in the proper E Network group.